ID: 4294
Updated by: jeroen
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Documentation problem
Operating System: AIX 4.3 / Solaris 2.6
PHP Version: 4.0 Release Candidate 1
New Comment:

This is a side-effect of the way zend handles things: almost everything is treated as
a kind of function. include()ed files, eval()ed code, and also auto_prepended files.

This is sometimes useful, (return from an included library file for example when
something is detected).

Anyway, this should be documented. Adding to the phpdoc/TODO

return() is defined now in prepend/append files, but isnīt
documented too...

well in fact itīs nowhere document what return() exactly
does, it seems to be possible to halt the whole script from
the gloabal scope be putting return() in it,
I donīt know whether this is intended (I think it shouldnīt
be possible to leave the global scope with it, perhaps a
e_notice or warning)

-- main script --
<?php
  echo "This is the end of the script";
?>
-- prepend --
<?php
  return;
?>

Closed due to missing user feedback.

Please provide short reproducing script.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=4294

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=4294&edit=1