From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: MandrakeLinux 8.0.
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     Directory function related
Bug description:  Require() function malfunction across directories

I have just installed MandrakeLinux 8.0.  I have a PHP program that
contains the following require() function -->
require($PS_BASE.'modules/core/lib/ps_page_open.inc'); <-- This require()
picks up code outside my web tree for security reasons.  When executed I
get the following error --> Fatal error: Failed opening required
'/home/phpshop/phpshop- core/modules/core/lib/ps_page_open.inc'
(include_path='') in /var/www/html/admin/prepend.php on line 14. <--
If I execute the require(), pointing at the same directory as the
requesting program, it works just fine.  What do I need to do to execute a
require() against code outside of my web tree.  What product would be
causing the problem? (Mandrake, PHP, Apache, ...).

--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=12171&edit=1