It's been bugging me for over a year now, and I'm now trying to figure out
the best way to do it.  output.c sits today in ext/standard, which is
wrong, as it's really a part of the inner core of PHP, and not a set of
functions.
If I move the file in the CVS repository and fix the references, then
everything would be fine, history would be retained, except checking out
old CVS's will no longer work.
If import the file into main/ and delete it from ext/standard, we lose the
history for it, which is sucky.
I'm thinking about moving the file in CVS, and in addition to fixing the
HEAD branch, fix also the 4.0.6 branch, so that we at least can check out
one version back.  What do you guys think?

Zeev