ID: 7058
Updated by: andy
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Network related
Operating System: Linux 2.2.14
PHP Version: 4.0.0
New Comment:

I have reproduced this bug, and smoebody needs to fix this
one.  This is a real bug.

Sorry, I don't know. I upgraded to 4.0.6 but it's slow as a dog, it won't run my web
site.  PHP gets caught in some infinite loop.

Funny, this bug has been around since the official 4.0.0 (I am still having to use a
March snapshot).

If anyone is interested I will help trying to debug it.  However, given the amazingly
large number of macros which makes PHP code unreadable to all but a very few, please
don't ask me to send in a patch -- you make code unreadable, there are consequences
;-).  But I am willing to help however I can otherwise.

Ciao,

Dre

does this happen in the current version (4.0.6)

checkdnsrr seems to be buggy.  For example, using 'checkdnsrr("mail.austasia.net",
"MX")' returns false, whereas nslookup on the same machine shows a valid MX record.
This does not happen with all addresses -- just some.