ID: 11648
Updated by: andy
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: *Encryption and hash functions
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.0.4 (Darwin 1.3.7)
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

no feedback...

It also checks for unistd.h. But it doesn't affect whether
or not crypt() is found. The check for crypt() is later
in the configure and it shouldn't matter if crypt.h is found
or not.

Please send me your config.log file so I can see what might
be the cause. I wonder if there is libcrypt in your system?
Or is crypt() provided by some other library?

--Jani

When I run configure, it says :
checking for crypt.h... no

And so disables crypt() function.

My system doesn't have crypt.h ; crypt() function is in unistd.h.

I've managed to compile a small C program which includes unistd.h, and then uses
crypt(), and everything works properly.

Can configure check for crypt() in unistd.h ?