From: German Shegalov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 8:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to contribute to PHP?

Hello,
I would like to contribute to the PHP project. In my own work I use PHP
4.0.6 and I already made some improvements which I would like to share with
the whole php user community. The log of my changes follows:

- HTML-output of phpinfo corrected (missing tags added);

- Apache-specific function getrequest(); added to PHP ( the same style as
getallheaders())
for debugging purposes

- getting rid of annoying session_destroy behavior which requires
session_start to be called
before session_destroy on the same page in order to destroy a session.
session_destroy destroys also the session_cookie now.

- as for now session variables are available in $HTTP_SESSION_VARS only
after they have
been read from the storage medium on the next page (not on the page where
they have been registered) . More intutive behavior is to make them also
available just after being registered with session_register. And it works.

Sincerly,
German Shegalov