From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux Mandrake 8.0
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     MySQL related
Bug description:  changing mysql.default_socket in /etc/php.ini doesn't work

I have tried to change MySQL's socket path to something else than the
default. I found that there's a mysql.default_socket in /etc/php.ini.

I changed it to point to the socket file, but it doesn't seem to have any
effect. PHP produces error message saying that it cannot find mysql.sock,
and the path points still to the default location. phpinfo() shows also the
default location.

There's a workaround: symbolic link to real socket file.
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=12415&edit=1