ID: 7474
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Analyzed
Bug Type: Compile Failure
Operating System: SunOs 4.1.4 (!)
PHP Version: 4.0.5 ?
New Comment:

As this system in question is really outdated and
shouldn't be used in production anyway (y2k!) we're
not going to add any hacks to fix this now.

I have made patches to fix this, so if someone
else has the same problem and really wants this
hack, it's available by asking me: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--Jani

This was said to happen still with 4.0.5 and the code
in question hasn't changed (IIRC) much since.

One possible solution is to add some #ifdef's around
these functions, and checks for existance of strol/stroul
into configure

If you don't mind, please test latest release candidate:

http://www.php.net/~andi/php-4.0.6RC2.tar.gz

I'm pretty sure it happens with it too, but I'd like
to be sure about it.

-Jani

I guess this still happens with PHP 4.0.5 too?

--Jani

The snapshot of 200101160445 failed to compile with the same error as that of 4.0.4pl1.

I just tried to compile 4.0.4pl1 and it failed the same way:
gcc  -I. [snip] -c scanf.c && touch scanf.lo
scanf.c: In function `php_sscanf_internal':
scanf.c:783: `strtol' undeclared (first use this function)
scanf.c:783: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
scanf.c:783: for each function it appears in.)
scanf.c:804: `strtoul' undeclared (first use this function)
*** Error code 1

I'll try a snapshot next.  Thanks - Larry

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=7474

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=7474&edit=1