On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 10:50:07AM -0700, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> I would pretty much insist on the _GET() stuff, import_globals() and
> register_globals changes being implemented in 4.1.  With these TSRM
> changes, the register_globals changes and hopefully Sterling's XSLT
> changes I think there is enough new stuff and incompatible changes to
> warrant a 4.1

In that case, release 4.1 will be considered both an continuation
of the 4.0.x line as well as a "new" standard for development.
That presupposes there will be no 4.0.x maintenance branch or
future 4.0.x releases.

I'm not objecting.  I just think it's worth pointing out the
ramifications of releasing 4.1 now (well, soon) with these
changes.

--
Jon Parise ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology