ID: 12531
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: IMAP related
Operating System: RedHat 7.1
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

I got them from:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/distributions/redhat/updates/7.1/en/os/i386

the src rpm comes from

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/distributions/redhat/updates/7.1/en/os/SRPMS

However, when you don't call out a directory for imap during configure, PHP
will use its own extensions.  It doesn't matter.  any imap support and I get
undefigned symbol: mxdriver.

I've downloaded the source tarball from UW and I've compiled it.   I have
not had a chance to run a make clean and reconfigured from the PHP directory
yet.  Its still not supposed to be this hard.

I got them from:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/distributions/redhat/updates/7.1/en/os/i386

the src rpm comes from

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/distributions/redhat/updates/7.1/en/os/SRPMS

However, when you don't call out a directory for imap during configure, PHP
will use its own extensions.  It doesn't matter.  any imap support and I get
undefigned symbol: mxdriver.

I've downloaded the source tarball from UW and I've compiled it.   I have
not had a chance to run a make clean and reconfigured from the PHP directory
yet.  Its still not supposed to be this hard.

I just tried this with RH 7.1:

1. Installed imap-* rpms from RedHat distribution
2. Installed apache 1.3.20 with DSO support
3. Got the 4.0.6 sources and did these steps:

# tar zxfv php-4.0.6.tar.gz
# cd php-4.0.6
# ./configure \
--prefix=/www/apache \
--with-apxs=/www/apache/bin/apxs \ --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \
--with-zlib \
--with-imap \
--with-imap-ssl=/usr \
--with-kerberos \
--with-openssl

# make ; make install
# /www/apache/bin/apachectl start

And no problems at all..so my next question is:

WHERE did you get those imap-rpms from??

--Jani

I just tried a new wrinkle.  I used the following:

--with-mysql=/usr
--with-imap=/usr
--with-apache=/home/curtis/apache/apache_1.3.20

Still no joy.

When compiling PHP with imap support, I always get the same error when starting
apache.

When I run configure using the following directives:
--with-mysql=/usr \
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
--with-imap=/usr/local/apache/imap
--with-gd=/usr

I have copied all of the include files to /usr/local/apache/imap/include and the libs
the corresponding lib directory.  I've grepped both the headers and the libraries for
mxdriver and its in there.

If I remove imap support apache will run fine.  Since headers and libraries are kept
in /usr/lib and /usr/include on RedHat.  I find all of the libraries there.

I downloaded and installed the latest imap-2000c, imap-2000c-devel and imap-2000c-src
rpms.  I've downloaded and compiled my own apache binaries.

I re-compiled apache with all the new headers installed.  WTF, over?

I'm not the only one to have this problem and I've been working on this problem off
and on for a couple of weeks and using the self help features here, but now I'm
totally frustrated and this blasted thing will still not work with imap support and I
need imap support.  Its not supposed to be this hard.