ID: 11283
Updated by: rasmus
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: *Graphics related
Operating System: Linux 2.2.16/RedHat 7.0
PHP Version: 4.0 Latest CVS (2001-06-05)
New Comment:

Ok, read_exif_data() will now return an array of comments if there is more than 1.
Please check the CVS version and let me know if it works for you.

I've put a picture online which has the following JPEG comments

Title:Looking Coy
Subject:Matthew Roberts
Location:Forest Hills, NY

The image is at http://www.astrofoto.org/~roland/tmp/20010601-0001.jpg

could you please place some of those jpegs somewhere
where we can access them to test this.

--Jani

This is actually CVS from 2001-06-03/04.

I have a JPG which has comments added to it of the form "<KEY>: <VALUE>" so I can add
image titles and such that will propagate with the image.  When I look at the array
retrieved by read_exif_data, it includes only one [Comments] element, the first
comment added to the file.

The comments were added with wrjpgcom and can be read back with rdjpgcom; the latter
retrieves all of the comments.

For my purposes, I can shove everything into a single comment, but it still looks like
a bug to me.  I would guess that if there is more than one commen block that
read_exif_data should make the [Comments] element an array.