I think that new functions should be added on basis of
usefulness, not the "coolness" factor. IMNSHO this function
isn't very useful, and it is extremely easy to implement in
userland:

function str_rand()
{
    $len = func_num_args() ? func_get_arg(0) : 32 ;
    return substr(md5(microtime()),0,$len);
}

At 13:57 8/5/2001, Daniel Andersson wrote the following:
>i would say so, yes.
>
>and if you do md5(microtime()) you have to do a substr() on the result to
>get the desired length.
>
>easy done, yes. but still..
>
>maybe something for PEAR instead of the core?
>
>/ d

------end of quote------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]