ID: 12502
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: OCI8 related
Operating System: WinNT and Windows 2000
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Ask support questions on the appropriate mailing list:

http://www.php.net/support.php

( php-db / php-windows ) after you have searched the
archives, of course.

--Jani

sorry.... ORACLE VERSION 8.05

I found in the faqs the following (exactly the same problem)

"This problem was also seen under the ODBC drivers for Windows.  The solution so far
has
been to remove all Windows based carriage returns (\r\n) in your TNSNames.ora and
SQLNet.ora file, and replace them with unix style carriage returns (\n).

This should end your problem.  Why is this happening?  It's unknown at the time, but
is
being investigated.
"

I convert this 2 files to Unix format (only \n) but the problem still happend.

any help?

Sniper,

I change my php.ini

I comment php_oci8.dll
and uncomment php_oracle.dll

This work.

But now I recieve the following problem:

TNS:could not resolve service name

I try with

$db= ora_logon("demo_user/demo_password@demo","");

This TNS exist and the user and the password too.

(this is the right place for this question?)

thank you again.

I don't understand this program.
Please check this image :

http://www.netred.cl/php.jpg

(image of my screen).

to look on which external dlls an exe or an dll is relying you can use the dependency
walker -
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=12502

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=12502&edit=1