ID: 12630
Updated by: alindeman
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Bogus
Old Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Operating System: Red Hat Linux, Win2000 sp2
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

I'll make this a feature request/change...

BOGUS ?
The above is just a workaround... I've used it, though it's the only reasonable way to
code some routines. But it's quite a LONG workaround and makes the code quite
obfuscated and unclear... not mentioning possible performance losses.

Any plans to implement that ? (haven't seen the php source yet, but I could imagine
that preety simple to implement)

this is not implemented in php

if you want to try something like that try...

if (!test())return;

Tested on Red Hat

Hello!

This seems quite odd...
In the ...

      function() or dosomething;

...construct it seems that PHP only allows the usage of standard operators and
functions in the place of "dosomething", so the 'return' doesn't work at all since
it's a operator-like thingy.

The following snippet will produce a parse error:

function test(){
    return false;
};

function test2(){