On Tue, 07 Aug 2001, Andi Gutmans wrote:
> In what case is this useful? I'm kind of worried that so many functions are
> popping up in PHP which accept arrays as parameters. It's much slower than
> passing the arguments in a regular way. How often do people dynamically
> build formats *and* then dynamically build an array of arguments?

Here's request from Colin:

"What are the chances of getting printf() and sprintf() to have
an optional syntax:

    string  sprintf( string format, array args );

Where $args would be an array of all the arguments to be passed,
instead of listing them one by one.  This would be useful if one
needed to write some kind of a wrapper function for printf() that
processed the format string and/or each of the arguments before
passing them to printf()."

-Andrei

Computer, if you don't open that exit hatch this moment I shall zap straight
off to your major data banks and reprogram you with a very large axe.
-- Douglas Adams / The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy