I have put the patch for this problem in ext/dbase/dbase.c as
diff -u against the CVS of 7 Aug 2001 in
http://www.cardiothink.com/downloads/dbase.diff-u.20010806.patch

RCS Id line in the ext/dbase/dbase.c file in the CVS copy I
used is:
/* $Id: dbase.c,v 1.45 2001/08/06 12:26:55 sniper Exp $ */

The patch is released to the PHP group under the PHP License.
Please edit to fit. The patch is released under the GPL to
anyone else who might want it.  Anyone who doesn't want it
under the GPL may also have it under the PHP License.  Credit
as appropriate would be appreciated. Please let me know if I
can provide any further information.

- Larry Widman (widman at cardiothink.com)

P.S.  Thanks to Andi Gutmans (andi at zend.com) who pointed out
diplomatically that patches to PHP must be released under the
PHP License.  Flames should be directed to me, not to him. - LW