From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     *Configuration Issues
Bug description:  error_reporting in apache conf is broken

php_value error_reporting E_ALL does not work in the apache httpd.conf.  In
fact, no matter what the setting...all errors are not shown and not
logged.

When I look at phpinfo(), the global error_reporting level is represented
by a number...like 2039 (which is E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE)

But the local error_reporting just says E_ALL.  I'm thiking when set from
the conf, php doesn't change E_ALL to the proper bit-value.

I just tried:
php_value error_reporting 2047 (the value of E_ALL) in the .conf and it
works!
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=12828&edit=1