ID: 12610
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Summary: vaprintf() and other va_arg functions please!
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Operating System: Linux
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Sorry, should be vprintf() and friends, not vaprintf().  Also, I'm sure this isn't too
hard... if I could understand what was going on in the code for call_user_func_array,
I'm sure I could make vprintf() at least.

I would really like to see vprintf() at least in the next release of PHP.  Others like
vsprintf() or whatever I don't really need right now, but I really need vprintf()
badly!

I would love to have access to variable length argument functions such as vaprintf(),
vasprintf(), etc... so I can easily use func_get_args() in a function and then pass
all remaining arguments to a function that can accept arguments in an array format,
similar to call_user_func_array, except for non-user defined functions.

Small example:

function tprintf() {
        clearstatcache();
        $arg_list = func_get_args();
        $filename = array_shift($arg_list);
        if (($fd = @fopen($filename, "r"))) {
                rewind($fd);
                $contents = fread($fd, filesize($filename));
                fclose($fd);
        }
        return vaprintf($contents, $arg_list);
}