True. you got a point here. i'll stop bitching :)

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 04:46:35PM +0200,  wrote:
> Yes, the function you have written below make the same thing but i think
> that a function written in c, inside the php module, can be faster and more
> elegant than this php-function.
>
> Again, i think that the final user will be happy to have an already written
> function
> instead of think and code a personalized function.
>
> I think it's more elegant because it follow the same approach of printf-like
> functions
> and a user who already known these functions or known python will not have
> headaches
> in finding a solution for his problem
>
> Also prinf, sprinf, etc... can be written as php functions and separated
> from php core, but
> it will not happen... why? too important and too useful, they requires speed
> and their functionality
> is required in many programs.
>
> The same thing happen in python with dictionary substitution, and now,
> nobody think to remove
> it.
>
> I think that this type of function could be useful for a lot of people...
>
> Let me know what do you (also zeev and others) think about
>
> ---------------------
> Federico Marani
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ----------------------
>
> Jo Giraerts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > This is already possible in php, though with the following simple
> > function..
> >
> >    // function to read a file with php-vars in as a string
> >    // $predefined_vars: an array ("varname" => "value"). all the
> >    // variablenames defined in this array can be used in the bodyfile.
> >    // They will receive the respective values. This makes personalising
> >    // the mailes easier..
> >    function file_as_body($filename, $predefined_vars)
> >    {
> >       $ar = file($filename);
> >       extract($predefined_vars);
> >
> >       foreach ($ar as $number => $line)
> >       {
> >          eval("\$ar2[] = \"$line\";");
> >       }
> >
> >       return implode("",$ar2);
> >    }
> >
> > and for instance this file as template:
> >
> > <--- template file
> > You received a file on (" . date("d/m/Y (H:i)") . ")
> >
> > filename: ".basename($file) ."
> > filesize: ".filesize($file) ."
> > mimetype: $mimetype
> >
> > Hope you enjoy it..
> > --->
> >
> > You can even use php-code already, thanks to eval :)
> >
> > Maybe we better make it a PEAR-thing?
> >

> --

Jo Giraerts
Computerprutser
Life BVBA
Interleuvenlaan 15A, 3001 LEUVEN, BELGIUM
icq:81939849, email:[EMAIL PROTECTED], ph0ne:+32(0)16 20 89 61
pgp-key available at: http://www.keyserver.net.
fingerprint: 81EE B1FD 88E2 A03A 4F49 6D8A 806E 2220 9C2F 918B

    I've got these opium queens that move around my space,
    I said it's waste not, want not,
    I think I'll take another,
    I'm holding all this pain that I'm trying to smother.
                                                                <branvan3000 -
Afrodisiac>