ID: 13029
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: HTTP related
Operating System: Windows 2000 professional
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
New Comment:

---
Are you sure the script isn't getting a timeout?
ie. try putting set_time_limit(0); in beginning of that
script.
---

Yes, it isn't a timeout problem, I've tried both set_time_limit(0) and the same in
php.ini; the script crash immediately when I post the file.

I know that the file is stored in memory, but I set memory_limit = 80M so it should
work. Why if the size is > 9MB (with a file size of 8MB still works fine) the script
crash?

Are you sure the script isn't getting a timeout?
ie. try putting set_time_limit(0); in beginning of that
script.

Anyway, the HTTP upload code in PHP is not very suitable
for uploading very big files since it stores everything
in memory before writing it to disk.

(There already is another bug report open about that.)

--Jani

I don't manage to upload file whose size is greater than 9MB, I get a connection
aborted error.

I use PHP 4.0.4pl1, Win2000, IIS5 and IE 5.0 or NS 4.77 as browser.

In the php.ini I set memory_limit = 80M, upload_max_filesize= 80M

With small size file all works fine.

This is the script

Form:
<form method="post" action="software_add.php" enctype="multipart/form-data">
        <INPUT TYPE="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="80000000">
        <input type=file name="file_software">
  <input type="submit">
</form>

Software_add.php:
<?
copy($file_software, "$DOCUMENT_ROOT\\software\\$file_software_name");
?>