From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Unknown/Other Function
Bug description:  Using IMAP support with PHP Header file missing

Hello!

I want to use php 4.0.6 in order to run horde/imp. Therefor
I need imap support. I include --with-imap as configuration
option. At the building process I get the following message:

In file included from /incoming/web/php-4.0.6/ext/imap/php_imap.h:11,
                 from internal_functions.c:32:
/usr/include/imap/c-client.h:30: osdep.h: No such file or directory

Which is not totally wrong since the file is not there. The Problem seems
to be that the "osdep.h" ist not longer used by the imap client. In the
sources of "imap-4.7c" this file not longer exists. You have to get it
elsewhere. In the distribution (SuSE 7.2) I use there is a package for imap
development support which has all header files for imap installed but the
"osdep.h". I did not spent a lot of time with this problem but I think that
the definitions declared in  "osdep.h" have been moved into another file.
So perhaps you only need to fix the sources of the imap support in php...

Greetings, Jan Suchanek

--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=13032&edit=1