From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: OS X
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     *General Issues
Bug description:  Installation

I have been trying to install the latest apache, php and
mysql to no avail.  I followed the instructions on this
site at http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.macosx.php,
and found that when I went to start apache, I received an
error stating '/usr/sbin/apachectl graceful: httpd not
running, trying to start
/usr/sbin/apachectl: permission denied: /usr/sbin/apache
[117]
/usr/sbin/apachectl graceful: httpd could not be started'
If I remove the target=apache command, then I can attempt
to start, but I get the following message with regard to
the libphp4.so, 'API module structure `php4_module' in file
/usr/libexec/httpd/libphp4.so is garbled - perhaps this is
not an Apache module DSO?'  I'm pulling my hair out.  This
should be a routine installation, but I've been at this for
4 days now.  Can anyone assist me, so this crap will work??

-Thanks.

-Scott Sample
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=13135&edit=1