Hi Alex,

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Alexander Wirtz wrote:

> I can't confirm this on RedHat 7.1 with
> a fresh CVS:

> buildconf: checking installation...
> buildconf: autoconf version 2.13 (ok)
> buildconf: automake version 1.4-p5 (ok)
> buildconf: libtool version 1.4 (ok)
> rebuilding Makefile templates
> automake: configure.in: installing end/ylwrap'
> rebuilding configure
> rebuilding acconfig.h
> rebuilding main/php_config.h.in

> and the configure runs just fine.

> RPMS:
> autoconf-2.13-10
> automake-1.4p5-2
> libtool-1.4-8

More information:

The references to AC_LANG_PUSH(), AC_LANG_POP(), and other macros are being
pulled into aclocal.m4 from /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4.  In libtool-1.4-8,
the older macros AC_LANG_SAVE and AC_LANG_RESTORE are used instead; Debian
sid, however, has 1.4b-1 as the current version of libtool, which appears to
be incompatible with autoconf 2.13.

I'll take the issue up with the maintainers of the appropriate Debian
packages.  Looks like this isn't PHP's bug.

Thanks,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer