At 04:37 11-09-01, Egon Schmid wrote:
>To automatically generate lists of functions and/or a separate alias
>list is no problem. The problem is the alphabetically sorting of lists
>with the current DSSSL stylesheets. I hope Hartmut or Jouni will have
>enough free time to play with it.

Guys,

Please make sure you understand that there's no such thing as aliases
before you start working on that mini-project.  There's only one type of
entries in the PHP function namespace, and that's functions.  There's no
such thing as 'an alias'!  Functions can be aliases to each other, but in
such a case, they're completely (100.0%) equal to each other.  It's similar
to the way inodes and hard links work in UNIX filesystems.

The way to go that truly best describes reality would be:
- Documenting all non-deprecated functions, period.  That includes FALIAS's
just as it includes FUNCTION's.
- Having a manually edited list of deprecated functions.

Note that as far as _() goes, it clearly falls in the first
category.  Meaning that as long as it pollutes the global namespace and not
deprecated, it should be documented in its own right.

Zeev