Hi,

For a scripting language, integers should IMHO be bounded by a number that
will reasonally not be bound by numbers that will be used in normal scripts.

That is currently not the case, 4 bytes are insufficient IMHO. Why not make
sure PHP uses 8 bytes at least? Or are there platforms not supporting 8byte
integers? I believe most popular do... (at least linux on i586 and i686,
windows and Solaris (I tested SunOS 5.6))

For implementation, I think that we should introduce p_int and p_float
typedefs for php-integer and php-float anyway, and changing THAT isn't a
problem.

About preformance/memory, I think that's not an issue. Making strings
unicode will be much more heavy for PHP...

--Jeroen