From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Apache related
Bug description:  Problematic MIME-Type "application/x-httpd-php"

I noticed that using the MIME-Type "application/x-httpd-php" for
php-Scripts produces a problem under Apache 1.3.x with MultiViews turned
on.
When an user agent (like Google or Altavista) sends the Header "Accept:
text/*" and the complete location is not given (e.g.
"http://domain.com/index"; instead of "http://domain.com/index.php";) Apache
tries to guess the right file-name extension. But Apache will answer the
request with a 406 error ("not acceptable") becaus it thinks the php file
is of type "application/x-httpd-php", which is not compatible to
"text/*".
Me suggested solution would be to change the MIME-Type to
"text/x-httpd-php". Content negotiation under Apache 1.3 would work then.

Note: This problem is non existend at Apache 2.0.x where I can change the
MIME type without any problems because php is a filter there.
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=13421&edit=1