> > I think the key still lies in creating a repository for C extensions
where
> > each extension can have its own release cycle.
>
> +1 one for this... :-)

Sounds good. I think this would make it easier for the developers of the
extensions AND the developers of the 'main' code. The drawback is that it
could make it more difficult for someone to determine what he needs to run a
certain script. But at the moment, a lot of people compile their own PHP
with the extensions they need, so the problem already exists. When using a
central repository it should work fine (I think ;)

So that's a +1 from me too.

Sander.