["Thies C. Arntzen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 06:00:24AM +0200, Stig Sæther Bakken
> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm proud to announce that our second daughter, Benedicte, was born
> > tonight 2001-09-29 at 0300 MEST.  Technical data: 3380 grams, 50
> > centimeters, 4 days ahead of schedule.  Mother and baby are in good
> > shape.
>
>     congrats!
> >
> > (I'm taking 6 months leave to be with my family now.)
>
>     you're kidding, aren't you?

No I'm not kidding.

In Norway you have to bleed taxes through your years and nose, but it
does have some advantages, such as government-paid leave when you get
a baby, or being flown to a _good_ hospital in Germany for some
surgery ;-).  Usually, most of the leave period is reserved for the
mother, but under some circumstances the father can take all the
leave.  This time this included us.

 - Stig

--
  Stig Sæther Bakken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Fast Search & Transfer ASA, Trondheim, Norway