ID: 13704
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Apache related
Operating System: Debian stable
PHP Version: 4.0CVS-2001-10-17
New Comment:

I'm just poking their newsgroup and bug database and can't find anything similiar.

Can you file this report with the apache guys too?

Derick

I changed back to PHP 4.0.6 which didn't have this problem. Still using Apache 1.3.22.
The problem still manifests, which leaves me to suspect the only thing that has
changed: Apache 1.3.22

Apache 1.3.20 + PHP 4.0.6 = working
Apache 1.3.22 + PHP 4.0.6 = broken
Apache 1.3.22 + PHP 4.0.8cvs = broken

Apache/1.3.22 with PHP pulled from CVS on October 14 (perhaps a bit later). PHP
statically linked in.

When MultiViews is used, QUERY_STRING is empty.

EG:

http://w/dump_var?a=b
http://w/dump_var.php?a=b

The second correctly has $a == 'b', but the first does not.

print_r($HTTP_SERVER_VARS) says ...

Array
(
    [SCRIPT_FILENAME] => .../example.php
    [SCRIPT_URI] => .../example
    [SCRIPT_URL] => .../example
    [SERVER_SOFTWARE] => Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) PHP/4.0.8-dev
    [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET
    [QUERY_STRING] =>
    [REQUEST_URI] => .../example?alpha=yes?=yes
)

Example: http://bla.crysm.net/toys/php-4.0.8-multiview/

(Thanks to jmcastagnetto and sit on irc.openprojects.net)