Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: *Configuration Issues
Operating System: Linux
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Can not reproduce with PHP 4.1.0 RC1

--Jani

When I turn off allow_url_fopen in php.ini the safe_mode UID check seems to be
disabled.

With "allow_url_fopen = on" an include("/etc/passwd") returns the following error:

"The script whose uid is 10000 is not allowed to access /etc/passwd owned by uid 0"

after I've changed the settings to "allow_url_fopen = off" the inclusion works fine,
so there is no way to prevent customers from including external files and local system
files.