Title: RE: [PHP-DEV] phpinfo() : Why no PHP & Zend image when expose_php=off?

I'll have to remember this come April 1st so I can see
the next version of 'hide the bread sticks'.
;)

 Mike Robinson
 IT / Developer - Toronto Star TV
 Phone: 416.945.8786
 Fax: 416.869.4566
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Zeev Suraski wrote:

> Yes, it's quite intentional.
>
> Because there is no way to embed images within HTML, the way
> PHP displays
> these images is by detecting a special kind of input string.
> If this input
> string is detected, PHP spits out the PHP or Zend image, as
> necessary.  Since this allows remote users to detect whether PHP is
> installed, this feature is disabled when you have expose_php
> set to off.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.torontostartv.com - Webcasting & Production
http://www.tmgtv.ca - Hometown Television