ID: 13880
Updated by: cnewbill
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Date/time related
Operating System: Windows NT/XP
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Two obvious problems with your test script.

I should be in quotes, and = should be ==.  Make those changes and try again.

This works okay on Linux.

-Chris

There appears to be a bug in the date() function when using the I (capital i) format.
Date(I) always returns 0 (zero) no matter what the date is.  Date(I) is used to
determin if a date occurs during daylight saving time or not.  Here is the script I am
using:

if (date(I, mktime(0,0,0,6,1,2001))=1) {
    do this;
} else {
    do that;
}

No mater what the date is it always returns zero.  I have tried setting date(I) to a
variable outside of the if/then statement but it always sets the variable to zero.  I
have tried setting the timestamp to a variable first and using it in date():

$ts = mktime(0,0,0,6,1,2001);
$ds = date(I, $ts);

That doesn't work either, returns zero. No matter what I do it just doesn't work.
Does this part of date() even work?

Running PHP 4.05 with Zend Optimizer v1.1.0 on Windows NT 4.0 build 1381, CGI version,
Apache/1.3.20 .  Also doesn't work on PHP 4.06 on Windows XP, CGI version,
Apache/1.3.22.

Thank you for your consideration and hard work.  PHP is a great product.  Keep up the
good work!

Bradford Plummer