ID: 6406
Updated by: danbeck
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Operating System: Redhat 6.1 (linux 2.2.12)
PHP Version: 4.0.1pl2
New Comment:

Actually, I'm writing the docs for the pcntl extension.  I'll close this request.

Did you have a look at the pcntl extension, that
has been commited to PHP about 4 months ago?

If also implements a function pcntl_fork(), that
should do exactly what you want.

I checked the bug database and did not see this anywhere...  what is the feasability
of creating a fork() implementation in PHP? Obviously this would be useless as an
Apache module, but for those of use who use PHP for shell script and administration
scripts, this would be a boon.