ID: 13873
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: WDDX related
Operating System: Linux
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Propably your locales again. Anyway, what does this output:

<?php echo wddx_serialize_value("xyzåäö"); ?>

1. Linux distribution is Slackware 4.0 which is a libc 5 dist. Running kernel 2.2.19

2. configure --with-xml --enable-wddx

What are your:

- linux distribution
- configure line for PHP

--Jani

No, it still doesn't work here. I got the latest (oct 31) snap from snaps.php.net:

  # ./configure --with-xml --enable-wddx
  # make
  # ./php wddx_test.php

  xyz???

wddx_test.php contains the one-liner submitted in my original report:
  print wddx_deserialize(wddx_serialize_value("xyzåäö"));

/Johan

Works fine for me with latest CVS. Try a snapshot from
http://snaps.php.net/

--Jani

It seems that the wddx_*() functions only handle US-ASCII, although I see a referense
to ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8 in the source:

   print wddx_deserialize(wddx_serialize_value("xyzåäö"));

produces:

   xyz???