Updated by: mfischer
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: MySQL related
Operating System: Unix
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Simon sez bogus.

Thats the behaviuor of mysql. Explicit address has to be given to establish a TCP
connection.

If you can't connect through the socket it is definitive a configuration issue. If in
doubt, upgrade to latest RC

http://www.php.net/~zeev/php-4.1.0RC3.tar.gz

Please ask such questions at [EMAIL PROTECTED] first.

Not really a bug, bogus.

By the way, i've been testing a few things and php will connect to the database if i
trick it into using tcp connection instead of socket connection and using LAN ip
address instead of 'localhost' or loopback IP address.

Won't work:
<? mysql_connect("localhost:3306", "me","mypass"); ?>

Won't work either:
<? mysql_connect("localhost:/path/to/socket", "me","mypass"); ?>

Works (when i define sql to be LAN ip address of server):
<? mysql_connect("sql", "me","mypass"); ?>

of course  ;)

http://www.kheos.net/info.php

I'm making it right now so by the time you see this post it'll be available.

Best regards,
Veins

Hello,

can you make a page with <?php phpinfo(); ?> available to us?

Derick

Yeah, the server is actually running as i can connect to it from console. The socket
is set srwxrwxrwx so it is also ok i presume.
The exact same configuration used to work with php-4.0.5 :/

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=11863

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=11863&edit=1