ID: 7244
Updated by: mfischer
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: MySQL related
Operating System: Win 98
PHP Version: 4.0.5
New Comment:

Can you please test if the problem still persists with latest RC?

http://phpuk.org/~james/php-4.1.0RC3-win32.zip

If not, can you provide more details (like the actual query you are using).

Feedback.

Yes, it also happens with PHP 4.0.5

Does this happen with PHP 4.0.5 ?

user feedback:

No, I didn't.
I've also got an old version of PHP 4.0.2 installed and I can switch between both
versions via ScriptAlias in httpd.conf (php.ini is still the same). With PHP 4.0.2
it's all working fine but with PHP 4.0.4 there is that problem.

did you switch by any chance from php.ini-dist to php.ini-optimized when you upgraded
your PHP to 4.0.3?

No, the original problem persists. Adding addslashes is only a temporary solution.
This breaks some existing programs.

-Egon

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=7244

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=7244&edit=1