ID: 14180
Updated by: hholzgra
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Summary: Icelandic locale grammar error
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Date/time related
Old Operating System: RedHat 7.1
Operating System: linux
Old PHP Version: 4.0.6
PHP Version: 4.0CVS-2001-11-19
New Comment:

thats an error in the locale file on your system
and not a php problem

good old "garbage in -> garbage out" ;)

I am doing this:

setlocale('LC_TIME', 'is_IS');
$tmp_sDate = explode('-', $datestamp);
$sDate = strftime('%d. %B %Y', mktime(10, 0, 0, $tmp_sDate[1], $tmp_sDate[2],
$tmp_sDate[0]));

Then I echo $sDate as the Icelandic date format I want.  But here's the problem.
There's a grammar error in this, the output from $sDate is like this:
22. Nóvember 2001

But it should be like this:
22. nóvember 2001   (small letter in the beginning of the name of the month).