ID: 14200
Updated by: sander
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: *General Issues
Operating System: Windows XP Pro
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

I might be mistaken, but AFAIK you point Apache via httpd.conf to php4apache.dll. You
can put that dll anywhere you want, as long as Apache knows the right path.
php4ts.dll on the contrairy, should be located in your windows/system32 directory.

But I don't think that solves your problem. I think the problem is that XP has some
kind of firewall built in, which probably denies any incoming connections. You should
open port 80 somewhere in your controlpanel... don't ask my where as I don't have XP
yet...

Try the new 4.1.0 release which will be available withing a day or two.

Feedback.

I have overwritten php4apache.dll with new version...but apache tell me "i can't find
php4apache.dll" (it can't use new file) I have also tried to insert php4apache in
system32 and windows directories but doesn't work!
Where is the problem?

Put your php4apche.dll in the same directory as apache (might work) or in the sytem32
directory (should work).

Feedback.

Scuse me .. but i've tried to install new version
php-4.1.0RC3-win32
overwriting files with new version but when i try to restart Apache fails and give an
error:
can't found php4apache.dll in c:/.... but I've overwrite old version with new!
I have also seen that are many new files that are not present in old version ( *.pdb
*.ilk and a file php4apahe2filter.dll and .ilk)..
How I can install this version correctly?
Tnx

Can you try latest RC and see if the problem still exists

http://phpuk.org/~james/php-4.1.0RC3-win32.zip

Feedback.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14200

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14200&edit=1