Hello,

I try to install FastCgi version of PHP on Apache/mod_fastcgi.
Compilation has passed normally.
I have adjusted internal redirection of quiries to PHP
as well as for CGI version:

   AddType application/x-httpd-fphp .phtml .php3 .php
   Action application/x-httpd-fphp /fphp/php
   ScriptAlias /fphp/ /XXX/XXX/fphp/
   FastCgiServer /XXX/XXX/fphp/php -pass-header Authorization

PHP normally processes GET quiries,
but does not process the POST data.
I also tried to start PHP with the program fcgirunner from the
Zeus Web server package and to adjust Apache for redirection of quiries
to external FastCGI server. No success :-(
I think what to start PHP as FasCGI application
more safely than as the module, also in FastCGI version
is much easier and more correct to use persistent
connections with databases.

Your may see my PHP configuration at: http://admin.atlant.ru/phpinfo.php

--
Best regards,
 Denis                          mailto:denis at atlant dot ru