Hi,

I am sorry if that is not a right place to post it.
I have created new php module - php-gmime.
It is binding for C gmime library with PEAR classes:
GMIME_message, GMIME_part etc. - MIME parsing.

BUT:
I have written perl modules before, but
it is my first php extension - I am sure I have done
many mistakes. Then I need some advice - from where to start.
My module is ready for use but in BETA stage.
RPM builds and sources are available at:
  http://www.klaban.torun.pl/prog/gmime/
(page under construction).

And I have two questions for now:

1. I have seen there is some kind of packaging system
(one PEAR::Package another PECL) - is there any reliable
documentation on using it? Should I use it?

2. What name should my extension use?
The C library is called gmime (http://spruce.sourceforge.org/gmime/)
PHP module is then also called gmime.so,
and PEAR classes are called as stated above GMIME_*

My perl module is called MIME::Fast (would be
available on CPAN).

Best regards,

--
Piotr Klaban