Bug Type: ODBC related
Operating System: Linux 6.1
PHP Version: 4.0.6
Old Assigned To: derick
Assigned To: dank
New Comment:

Re-assigning this to Dan

Derick

Yes, I'll look into it (see also the e-mail I sent).

Derick

The strange characters displayed were  displayed due to an error in our own ODBC
client.

I still have the wish that the field name isn't limited to 32 but is allocated as
needed, but I have no idea how difficult this is to implement.

Marco

Okay, I'm on it.

Derick

Here it is:

<?
        $cnx = odbc_connect("unims","ecw","inter00");
        $query = "select 1 as '123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 ' from
bedryf;";
        $qid = odbc_exec($cnx,$query);
        echo odbc_field_name($qid,1);
        odbc_close($cnx);