Hi,

First point: I couldn't figure out how to use your bug-system. Call me
stupid, but I just dont get how it works (i.e. I don't have a CVS
account and I thought that wouldn't be necessary for only this. Yes,
I'm tired :)).

Here my answer:

This error is raised when PHP fails to connect to the SMTP server.
Please check your php.ini for following directive:

[mail function]
SMTP = smtp.blabla.com ;for win32 only

check manually whether this server works. Have you installed a
firewall which prevents connecting to this server? Or is this
directive just missing/invalid?

For additional debbuging help please check out http://www.ethereal.com/
It will provide you with more in-depth information of the connection
process.

remember to restart apache after having changed php.ini. This is NOT a
bug in PHP.

Kind regards,
  Daniel Lorch