Daniel Lorch wrote:

>>>ok, ok it's mentioned in the manual, but why
>>>doesn't PHP just parse out all mail addresses?
>>>
>>the unix implementation doesn't parse the parameters at all,
>>it just passes them transparently to the local MTA
>>

> .. which makes the behaviour of mail() unpredictable.

no, it's all specified in RFC822

>>the win32/SMTP implementation in its current doesnt pay much attention
>>to RFC821/822 conformance. period.
>>

> anyway, the average PHP/win user will never find out about this
> problem :)

well, from my experience they definetly do ... :(

anyway, if you have a look at the mail section of the bug
database you will see that a rewrite of mail() for win32
is on my agenda, although near the bottom of it ...

PS: could you please teach *your* MUA to send a single reply
     to all instead of seperate messages to the list and me,
     leading to duplicates in my inbox?

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.six.de  +49-711-99091-77