ID: 14359
Updated by: derick
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Summary: problem with exec and system, can't be fixed by 4.1.0RC4
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Unknown/Other Function
Operating System: windows 2000 server, IIS5
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

I changed the summary, and set the status to critical. It seems that crypt was not
included in this build.
Setting the status to Critical will make it clear that the one doing the Windows
builds does not forget to include it.

Derick

Crypt was the first one I came across, and since my site fundamentally requires the
use of this function, I saw no sense in continuing further with 4.1.0RC4, and replaced
it with 4.0.6

Status = feedback

What functions are not supported by RC4? only crypt?

Derick

I know this bug with 4.0.6 has already been reported - the exec, system functions all
fail with the error 'cannot fork', the solution was to use one of the release
candidates of PHP 4.1.0, which DOES fix the issue, on the other hand, these releases
do not support functions (for example crypt) that are absolutely needed, therefore
making the solution unusable.
I have been using 4.1.0RC4, and have since gone back to 4.0.6