ID: 14339
Updated by: goba
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Summary: functions available in the xml source do not show up in the online manual
Bug Type: Documentation problem
Operating System: irrelevant
PHP Version: 4.1.0
Assigned To: hholzgra
New Comment:

Erm, Hartmut you are actually not right...

iis and pcntl.xml is not added to manual.xml[.in], so they are not showing up, and
those two yp functions are  ommented out in nis.xml with a comment that they are not
existstent.

So the conclusion is that _only_ that parse_str is affected.

Maybe Jade has an undocumented feature called parse-str and it cant handle that id...

Sidenote: The IIS and PCNTL authors need to be asked whether they would like to put in
their functions to manual.xml, or just playing some more before it is ready to be
added... I don't know...

... :(

forget about the iis_* functions (not documented)
and the pcntl_* stuff (documented but not included
in manual.xml)

but at least yp_errno and yp_err_string are definetly
missing

Sorry making traffic, it was only my stupid Windows ME.

There many people working for php.net. But the source of the PHP manual should be the
same.

I have now looked over the history of en/functions/strings.xml and found only
parse_str() but no parse_url(). Hartmut, could it possible, that you have branched out
the parse_url() function :) If parse_str() isnīt visible in the online manual, we are
using wrong tools.

I know this is not a place to start discussions about books. Which book are you using?
Please mail per PM to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Egon: repeating off-topic facts doesn't help at all

both jade and openjade on my local system do not
generate the parse_str() page, to

and there are even more functions affected:

- iis_add_server
- iis_get_dir_security
- iis_get_script_map
- iis_get_server_by_comment
- iis_get_server_by_path
- iis_get_server_rights
- iis_remove_server
- iis_set_app_settings
- iis_set_dir_security
- iis_set_script_map
- iis_set_server_rights
- iis_start_server
- iis_start_service
- iis_stop_server
- iis_stop_service
- parse_str
- pcntl_fork
- pcntl_signal
- pcntl_waitpid
- pcntl_wexitstatus
- pcntl_wifexited
- pcntl_wifsignaled
- pcntl_wifstopped
- pcntl_wstopsig
- pcntl_wtermsig
- yp_err_string
- yp_errno

I am one [EMAIL PROTECTED] I can say, that the problem is not at php.net, Jade our
XML->HTML generator program cannot generate that function.parse-str.php named HTML
file used in the online manual to show the documentation. This may be an undocumented
thing in the Jade program. This is why this function is listed at zend.com and in the
XML file, but not in the online manual at php.net.

Strange thing though that there is a

http://www.zend.com/manual/function.parse-str.php

but no

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.parse-str.php

I don't know how often the zend.com manual is updated,
but I think not that often as the php.net one (daily)...

Look at the two functions at http://zend.com/phpfunc/p.php. Both functions have valid
links to the online manual.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14339

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14339&edit=1