At 15:23 11/12/2001, Mathieu Kooiman wrote:
>On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 14:04, Zeev Suraski wrote:
> test it in

> > >Err, PHP CGI would be in /usr/local/bin/php..
> >
> > Yeah, but that's not what I asked - I asked about the cwd (current working
> > directory :)
> >

>There are situaties where you have like:
>
>/opt/guide/somesite.com/cgi-bin
>/opt/guide/somesite.com/htdocs
>/opt/guide/somesite.com/logs
>
>cgi-bin and htdocs (2 possible cwds) are under user control.

Yes, I know :)  The big question is whether PHP, when executed by Apache
(as a CGI), starts up in one of these directories, or in Apache's
directory.  If it starts in one of these directories - then indeed we have
a problem, because it'll search this directory for the php.ini.  If it
starts in Apache's directory, then there's no problem.

Zeev