On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 09:06:52PM +0900, Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:

> I would like to rename PostgreSQL functions to comfirm
> naming/coding standard. Similar change has been done for
> MySQL module, AFIAK. I'll take care documentation changes
> also.
>
> Almost all changes are just a matter of adding "_" to
> current names, except pg_cmdtuples. The new name is
> pg_affected_rows, like MySQL.

I sort of prefer the names the way they are.  I'd almost prefer
to remove the underscores from the MySQL extension (which I'm not
suggesting).

The two extensions are disimilar in enough ways to make any
attempt to unify the interface moot.  For example, look at
pg_exec() and mysql_query().  These two functions affectively do
the same thing and yet they are named differently and accept
their arguments in the opposite order.

--
Jon Parise ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  .  Information Technology (2001)