From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: WinNT
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     ODBC related
Bug description:  odbc_fetch_row crashes PHP with aliased table

When using odbc_fetch_row() with specific queries, the PHP module attempts
to write to a NULL pointer, which crashes Apache.

A query must do the following to cause the problem:

1) The query must use only one table (i.e., no joins).

2) The table's name must be aliased (e.g., "FROM MyTable MyAlias").

3) The SELECT clause must use the table's alias with at least one column
(e.g., "SELECT MyAlias.ID").

The following script can be used to reproduce the bug.

<?php
$Connection = odbc_pconnect('db','user','pass');
$Result = odbc_exec($Connection,'SELECT MyAlias.ID FROM MyTable
MyAlias');

while (odbc_fetch_row($Result))
{
echo 'Row<BR>';
}
?>

If I expand the query to do a join with another table, it will work fine.
It also works fine if I remove the table alias from the SELECT clause.
However, the queries I need to use are dynamically generated and it is much
simpler if I can alias the table names without worrying about how many
tables are being referenced.

I'm using PHP 4.0.6 (binary download from PHP.net) on Windows NT 4.0
Workstation with Apache 1.3.22. I'm connecting via ODBC to a remote Oracle
9i database.

--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=14436&edit=1