Updated by: sander
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: GD related
Operating System: Windows XP
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

No feedback. Closing.

What if you use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost ?

--Jani

Still has the same problem on Windows XP with a jpeg on an external server, but as you
say, it works fine on the Linux version (tested on a snapshot build on my Cobalt Qube
server).

Works fine for me on Linux. Could you please try
with some external jpg? ie. Not on localhost?

The following code should give me the image served by my webcam server:

$cam = ImageCreateFromJPEG('http://localhost:69/');
imagejpeg($cam);

But instead gives me:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg: Unable to open 'http://localhost:69/' for reading in
c:\program files\apache\htdocs\webcam\cam.php
If, however, I create a local copy of the output of the server, like this:

$in = fopen('http://localhost:69/','rb');
$out = fopen('tempcam.jpg','wb');
while ( !feof($in) ) {
 $temp = fread ($in, 4096);
 fwrite($out,$temp);
}
fclose ($in); fclose($out);

and then use ImageCreateFromJPEG on that file instead of the URL, it works perfectly.

Therefore, ImageCreateFromJPEG doesn't re-use the fopen code correctly (as it should
and is hinted to by the manual page saying that ImageCreateFromJPEG can open files or
URLs).

Bug 6825 seems to be similar, but for PHP 4.0.2. The bug was closed as it was
allegedly fixed, but now seems to have re-surfaced.