Updated by: yohgaki
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
Operating System: NT 5 SP 1
PHP Version: 4.0CVS-2001-08-31
New Comment:

Any update for this report?

cvs up -r PHP_4_0_7 on both machines done around 17:30 GMT.

on NT5 (standard cmd shell), attempt to pipe into the PHP
script fails, on FreeBSD it works fine. I'd love to blame
it on the stupid shell, but hey, I need this feature. :)

on the NT5 box, the phpx suffix has the following handler
for the "Run" action: c:\usr\local\bin\php.exe -q %1 %*

c:\temp> echo "foo bar baz" | test.phpx
The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.
^C

c:\temp> cat test.phpx
<?
$in = fopen('php://stdin', 'r');
while(!feof($in)){
    echo fgets($in, 4096);
}
echo "\n";
?>

c:\temp>

[cynic(cynic)@freepuppy bin]$ echo "foo bar baz" | ./test.phpx
foo bar baz

[cynic(cynic)@freepuppy bin]$ cat test.phpx
#!/tmp/php-4.0.7/bin/php -q
<?
$in = fopen('php://stdin', 'r');
while(!feof($in)){
    echo fgets($in, 4096);
}
echo "\n";
?>

[cynic(cynic)@freepuppy bin]$ uname -a
FreeBSD freepuppy 4.3-RELEASE-p14 FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE-p14 #0: \
Tue Aug 28 15:45:24 CEST 2001     \
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FREEPUPPY  i386